Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Plateau

So, since coming back from Bangladesh, I've tried my hardest to sort out my lifestyle.
The first thing I attacked was my diet.
If Kenan could deal with full detoxes for over a year, I should be able to deal wiht cutting out crap and eating in moderation.
I've increased my fruit and veg intake, decreased my empty carbs, fats and sugars, and I eat more protein filled meals.
It's been good.
I no longer feel sluggish, and my acne is at bay.

I then decided to sort out my fitness.
Walking's been a daily thing for me since I was at college, so I knew I had to up the ante.
I started Yoga.
First it was once a week, only at the lessons.
Then it was light stretches every night before sleeping and the one hour lesson at the end of the week.
I'm now doing sun salutations every morning and night, as well as the one hour session.
I also started bellydancing for one hour a week.
(I've had to give it up for a while, but I'm hoping to start again soon)
As well as the Belly Dance session, I've practised infront of my mirror for 45 minutes atleast three times a week, if not every day.

I've even bought a Hoola Hoop and Skipping Rope.
I'm hideously crap at both, but I try every Saturday and Sunday, and any other free time I get outside.

Half of my belly has almost melted away.

I haven't been to the doctors since last year.
Although I've had coughs and colds - and er lost voices, I've not been ill.
My health is the best it's ever been.

My energy levels are amazing, and I'm flexible enough to attempt to do the splits.

But, my belly's still here.
I can't get any more of it to shift.
I don't want to have to decrease my food intake.
I am a very active person with high energy, I need the food that I eat.
...I'm thinking I should start running, or maybe get to a gym and do more CV work.
That would involve buying trainers....
I'm not sure.

Should I try Adios again?
It didn't help me, infact it made me eat more and lounge around more.
I could always start drinking Green Tea regularly again.

Weight training?

I think I've hit my brick wall.
My plateau.
It's going to take more effort now to shift the belly.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one! I also find i feel far better on low carbs, high protein.

    i'm sure ur belly is fine. but if u do wanna slim it further, the only way is CV.

    keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low Carbs and High Protein is amazing.
    ...and makes eating at Yo! Sushi much more fun.

    I know...
    I know...
    CV is the only way, and to be honest, I prefer that kind of stuff.
    I'venever stepped inside a gym, and I love just being active.
    I guess I should try running.
    ...but that would involve buying trainers.

    ReplyDelete